Annual Report 2017-18
2017-18 At Glance
“We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by which one can stand on one’s feet,” Swami Vivekananda.
I take immense pleasure to present the Annual report of our school to apprise you all, how the Mission and philosophy of Hayde Heritage Academy has materialized positively in the voyage of the discovery of excellence in the field of education. There have been many changes at the School this year in terms of high expectations, communication, behavioral management, professional development, technology, and above all, academics.
Teachers worked together in various training sessions to align their curriculum and guide the children. This vertical alignment will assure that students are learning all that they should be as they progress through our academic program. The curriculum prescribed by CBSE is implemented in its true spirit for all students.
We cater to students from all sections of society and we recognizes this as a challenge and have actively worked to develop systems and processes to deal with this issue by taking extra and remedial classes.
A GLIMPSE OF THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Upgradation to Senior Secondary level – Our School was granted affiliation up to Senior Secondary Level by the CBSE this year. This was welcomed with a huge cheer by our first Grade 10 Board class encouraged by the thought that they could now continue their studies in our school. The school opened the new section with an array of subjects giving the children wider choice and better opportunities for the future.
- Board Results – We had our first batch appearing for the Grade 10 Board examinations in 2018. Due to the hard work of teachers and the students the entire class performed brilliantly in the board exams and we got a 100 % first division result with number of children scoring 100 in number of subjects.
- Changes and development – The 10 acre green campus which has been awarded the Green School Award for 3 consecutive years is constantly developed ergonomically to create an educationally conducive environment. This year too there has been a number of additions and improvements in the infrastructure of the school.
- Dining Hall– We have a beautiful dining hall for the boarding students now which also functions as a multi purpose hall for meetings
- Science Labs – With the affiliation for senior secondary school science laboratories became mandatory and we now have well equipped science labs for the school.
- Music Room – Our school has been musically inclined from the first and thus a music room had become imperative. We now have a spacious music room for the students.
- Recognition and Awards – This year again the school has been conferred with two awards.
- Future ready school by Edtech review which declared the school to be a school ready for the future in its modern outlook and usage of modern teaching learning methods
- APJ Abdul Kalam Award Education Excellence Award was awarded to our Principal, Rupamala Singh, for outstanding achievement and remarkable role in the field of education.
- Teachers Enrichment Programme – Teachers of this school are regularly encouraged to undergo up skilling and re skilling through training programmes organized by CBSE and other recognized education bodies. Two CBSE Capacity Building workshops were held in the school – Gender Sensitivity and English and was attended by a good strength of teachers from other CBSE schools.
- Right to Education: The school has always been supportive of RTE and believe that education is an important medium of promoting equality and social justice in society at large. By providing inclusive elementary education to 29 children in various classes.
- Curriculum Map :Under the guidance provided by CBSE and NCERT our school teachers have successfully developed a Curriculum map which maps the learning outcomes and learning progressions needed by the children to fare well in their studies without any inordinate pressure. The curriculum map helps the teachers by giving them a clear outline for their lesson plans and helps the parents to check their wards progress.
- Event Calendar
- Investiture Ceremony – Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality and the Investiture Ceremony of Heritage School for the academic session 2018-19 was held with great pomp and dignity in a special ceremony at the school Grounds. The honoured guests were Smt Sushma Das, Block Education Officer, and principals of Government Inter College and Government Girls Inter College. The ceremony was conducted with the high degree of earnestness and passion. The Investiture ceremony signifies the reliance and confidence that the school consigns in the newly invested office bearers. Donning the mantle of accountability, they also pledge to bestow their duties to the best of their abilities.
- Valedictorian Ceremony- Under the kind auspices of the Regional Officer of CBSE, Shri Ranber Singh we successfully conducted our first Valedectorian ceremony and gave away 120 awards to meritorious students of our school. Sudhanshu Agrawal was declared the Valedectorian of the Year.
- Annual Adventure Camp – This year we took a bunch of enthusiastic students for a 4 day adventure camp to Pangot, Nainital. The camp was designed to help kids learn something challenging from the outdoors. We hoped to tickle their imagination and infuse positive attitude by helping them live the uncertain, and accomplish the impossible. Our activities kept them excited & engaged, while they breathed fresh air, climbed mountains, and explored and absorbed from nature all in a fun way with the help of friendly, well trained and expert professionals.
- Accolades in Sports and games – Like every year this year too the Haydians poured their hearts into their game while participating in various tournaments.
- The school participated in (Under 16) Boys And Girls at the State Basketball Championship in Haridwar in September 2018. Both the boys and girls teams reached the Quarter Finals. The team comprised of: Mohit Raj Saini, Chirag Rathi, Kamaldeep, Rishabh Sharma, Devesh Rawat, Allen David, Neha Semwal, Vidhi Raj Saini, Shristi Thapliyal, Kajal, Sonali, Gunjan Rawat, Nancy Kotnala and Priyanka Bhatt.
- The Heritage children participated in the 6th Senior State Basketball Championship at Doon School, Dehradun this December. The girls team reached the Semi Finals of the tournament. The children who represented the school in this tournament are : Mohit Raj Saini, Chirag Rathi, Rishabh Sharma, Neha Semwal, Shristi Thapliyal, Yannkila Bisht, and Ishita Rawat.
- Neha Semwal a Grade 11 student of our school was invited to participate in the 69th Senior National Basketball Championship at Bhavnagar Gujarat in January 2019
- Allen David and Yankila Bisht of our school participated in the Under (14) 45th Sub Junior National Basketball held at Kangra Himachal Pradesh last November.
- Our school participated in the School Sport Promotion Foundation (Sai) District Football Championship held at Motadhak Kotdwara in October 2018.
- The following aspiring footballers were declared selected for state championship. Akash Rawat, Aditya Tariyal, and Yash Negi and were part of the Runners Up Team in the State Championship.
- The school football team participated in the 5th Saheed Mukesh Bisht Memmorial Football Tournament (Interschool Championship) in 2018 and reached the quarter finals.
- Our school football team also participated in the prestigious Subroto Cup in September 2018 (Under 17) in Meerut and reached the quarter finals.
- The school archery team participated in the 1st Uttarakhand Archery State Championship at Dehradun. Shivani Thapliyal won 4 Silver Medals (20-30 Mtr Subjunior And Junior), and Shivani Negi (2 Gold Medal-20mtr,30mtr Mini Subjunior , 2 Bronze Medal 20 Mtr , 30mtr Subjunior )
- Our horseriding team participated in the horse riding show in Shriram Centennial School Dehradun on13-14 may 2018.All our team members made our school proud. MOwesh (Bronze Medal Equestrian Event Junior), Bhupati Thapa (Silver Medal Hack Sub Junior) and Sarthak Singh (Gold Medal Hack Sub Junior).
To conclude, this year, we all took a collective step towards our vision, and while one step was taken, many more are to go, and it is certainly achievable.