Code of Conduct
I Learn • I Do • I Excel
The HHA Students Code of Conduct
- English Speaking
- Electronic Gadgets and Electrical Appliances
- Leave Policy
- Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets
- Personal Hygiene
- Personal Safety
- Clothing and School Uniform
- No Tolerance Policy
Our Code of Conduct is based on mutual respect and tolerance. We want all our students to have a successful and positive study experience at Hayde Heritage Academy. We are committed to ensuring the enjoyment and well-being of all our students. To ensure this we need you to follow our rules. Please read them very carefully. They apply at all times, during the study, sports, and activities and while in residences.
During the course our shared language is English. We expect students to use English all the time to ensure everyone can take part fully.
All academic lessons, activities, assembly and games as per the time-table/ daily schedule are to be attended. Attendance at all school events and entertainment is compulsory, unless exemption is granted by the House Parent.
The School’s policy on ‘Leave’ must be respected and is non-negotiable. During the term, leave should not be sought, except in exceptional cases with special permission by the Head Master / Principal.
We expect students to be punctual for all classes, meals, organized activities, trips or events.
Pupils are to return on time after vacation / exeat / leave unless permitted on special grounds. In the case of a medical problem, the school must be informed and the pupil concerned is expected to return with supporting medical documents which are to be submitted to the School Doctor.
Roll-call is given the highest importance; hence absence without any prior permission will be treated as a violation of school policy.
We expect students to be understanding, polite and respectful in their dealings with other students and with members of staff.
Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets
- Pupils can keep only those electronic gadgets which are permitted by the School Management. Mobile phones should not have a recording or video technology. Students are allowed to keep iPods/ mp3 players and cameras. These gadgets, if brought, are to be deposited with the respective House Parent during classes.
- These gadgets may be used during leisure time within the Boarding-Houses only.
- Cell phones will be made available to tutees by their House Parents at a specific time for a limited period for calls to be made to / received from parents.
- Pupils are not allowed to keep or possess cell phones / SIM cards except the one given to the tutor.
- Only students of Grade 9 and above will be allowed laptops in school. These would be used by the students in regulated timing and under supervision.
We expect students to respect school property and the property of others. We expect students to have the equipment they will need for class (e.g. pens and dictionary) and activities (e.g. sports shoes, swimming costume, towel, etc.) and take care of the same.
Pupils must bathe every day. Boys must have a neat short hair-cut which is above the collar and ear-level. Girls with shoulder-length hair must tie up their hair. Parents are to ensure that on returning, from vacation, the pupils have the appropriate hair-cut.
- Girls are only permitted black bands to tie up their hair.
- Nails must be cut regularly and kept short and clean.
- Pupils are not allowed to color, dye or bleach their hair.
- No piercing on any part of the body is allowed except for girls who can get their ears pierced. Only a set of small ear-studs may be worn. Sporting of tattoos is not permitted on any part of the body
Our students are given a small amount of carefully controlled free time. The procedures in place to ensure our student’s personal safety during free time are outlined below. We expect students to respect these.
- No pupil may leave the campus without the prior permission of the Head Master/Principal
- No pupil is allowed to leave the Boarding-House after dinner except with the permission of his/her HSM.
Clothing and School Uniform
- Pupils will wear neat and clean school uniforms at all times in school as well as on the journey home / to school at the end/beginning of a term, on outings and also when they represent the School. In the Boarding House, pupils must be decently dressed at all times.
- After classes, pupils may change into games kit or as advised in the daily schedule/calendar.
- Sikh boys must wear black turbans / ‘patkas’ whenever they leave the Boarding House.
Students must not leave money or valuables in their bedrooms. Pocket money, passports and flight tickets will be collected in by the House Parent to be kept in the School safe.
Smoking / Alcohol or illegal drugs
No smoking is allowed. Students found to possess, use or supply alcohol or illegal drugs will be sent home on the next available travel option with no refund of fees and any additional cost incurred will be the responsibility of the parents. Please remember we reserve the right under our Terms and Conditions to immediately exclude any student whose behavior is, in the view of School management, unacceptable.
The School follows a policy of ‘No-Tolerance’ which implies immediate expulsion for the following:
- Leaving School premises without permission from Warden.
- Tampering with smoke detectors, fire extinguishers or other safety equipment. Use of items which may cause a fire hazard, such as candles, in bedrooms.
- Boys entering Girls’ residences and vice versa.
- Noisy or anti-social behavior, including moving between bedrooms and sections of the boarding houses, after lights out.
- Bullying or threatening behavior, using abusive or offensive language against another student or member of School staff, either face to face or using electronic media.
- Theft, vandalism or any illegal activity.
- Misuse electronic gadgets will be termed breach of school policy.
HAYDE HERITAGE MANAGEMENT