Social Emotional Counselling and Guidance
I Learn • I Do • I Excel
Growing up isn’t always easy. Life is increasingly complex and fast-paced, and our children often need support to help them adjust to life’s changes and challenges.
HHA recognises the importance of providing a comprehensive support network for student’s emotional and social development . It is the school’s philosophy and responsibility for students and staff to be treated with dignity and respect in a safe and secure environment. Caring and considerate behavior is modeled and encouraged within the family atmosphere.
The most common difficulties that students encounter include:
- attachment issues (e.g., separation anxiety);
- grief and loss issues;
- adjustment to change (e.g., a new school or parental separation and divorce);
- peer issues and social anxiety;
- behavioral challenges; and
- difficulties with organization, planning, and managing stress.
Our counselors aided by the school faculty are always on hand to offer support and advice whether in academic, emotional or other areas and a system of mentoring and guidance provided by staff ensures our students make the right choices.
Our counselors aided by the teachers and House Parents:
- provides individual and group support for students in order to enhance their growth, development, social and emotional skills;
- works with teachers to help students learn specific skills such as communication, problem-solving and building friendships; and is available to provide educational opportunities and support for parents.